AdministratorJune 26, 2021 at 7:59 am1023 Replies201950 XPContributions: EnterMedSchool Donor Team Manager VolunteerReputation: Level 7
Six test tubes were set up. Two different solutions were added to each test tube as shown in the table.
The temperature, pH and all concentrations were optimal.
Which three mixtures would lead to the presence of amino acids in the test tube?
[see table below]
A. 1, 2 and 6 only
B. 1, 4 and 6 only
C. 2, 3 and 4 only
D. 2, 4 and 5 only
E. 3, 4 and 6 only
F. 3, 5 and 6 only
G. 4, 5 and 6 only
MemberJuly 21, 2021 at 6:36 pm331 Replies137970 XPContributions: Team Manager EnterMedSchool Donor VolunteerReputation: Level 6
First off, we have to find the mixtures that would lead to amino acids being present. That means that proteins would have to be broken down.
3. Protease is the enzyme that breaks down proteins. Lipase is an enzyme aka protein. This is correct.
4. The protease is also a protein and the boiling would denature it, rendering it useless.
5. On the other hand, rendering the protein useless does not inhibit the protease fro cutting it down into its amino acids.
6. This is obvious.
The answer is F.
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
- See blocked member's posts
- Mention this member in posts
- Invite this member to groups
- Message this member
- Add this member as a friend
Please note: This action will also remove this member from your friends and send a report to the site admin. Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.