This is our OLD Forums Archive. Please, to download all the files and join our new community, click here

We will keep publishing important updates about the medical entrance exams on EnterMedSchool.com

[Sticky] List of the best books for the IMAT  

Page 3 / 3
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student

@cherish-marley-griffin

Hey

No, not at all, you can have older editions (but not too old).

Ari

These are the archives of our old forums. If you want to reach one of the team members or me, meet future and current students from all over the world, and access are newest study materials: make sure to check our new international community - StudyLions.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/08/2020 2:56 pm
Aftab khan
(@aftab-khan)
New Member IMAT

@azam i don't have enough money if you download it please send that to me. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2020 8:37 am
Cherish Marley Griffin
(@cherish-marley-griffin)
New Member IMAT

Ari, you introduced some books in the YouTube video which are not in this list. Like, Pearson Higher Level Biology.

Are they not that important?!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2020 4:52 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

@cherish-marley-griffin

Hey,

I was referring to Pearson Biology A Global Approach Global Edition 11” 

Ari. 

These are the archives of our old forums. If you want to reach one of the team members or me, meet future and current students from all over the world, and access are newest study materials: make sure to check our new international community - StudyLions.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/08/2020 7:39 pm
Parispi
(@parispi)
Active Member Donator

@ari 

Are we aware whether this year's IMAT will contain the same number of general knowledge questions as the 2019 exam or are they going to decrease them?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2020 8:57 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

@parispi

Yes, we do.

The same number.

Ari.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/08/2020 8:58 pm
Filipe Sant'Anna
(@amatsune)
Noble Member Team Member IMAT

@ari

Where can I find the links for which topics to study in Peason Biology? I've been comparing with the sylabus, but biology for the IMAT is very unspecific on the level of depth required.

I studied through the book Biology in Context, Oxford, and though it was a good read (quick and to the point) it had some flaws and lacks the depth that some questions require. I'm averaging 52 on mock tests (doing the previous exams) and that's not really inspiring. (I would like to get closer to 60, at least some 55's consistently.)

So I found this page and checked the resources suggested, and I've got the Biology book, but I was wondering if the list of mandatory topics had been compiled yet.

Need help in any questions?
Tag me and I'll try my best to answer it as clearly as possible.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/08/2020 5:13 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

@amatsune

Hey!

Go here IMAT (Start Here) Under study planner, you have a pdf with specific pages!

Ari. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/08/2020 6:37 pm
Daniel Kristalinsky
(@danielk1996)
New Member Donator IMAT

Hey Ari, before stumbling on your website I bought the Cambridge biology and chemestry books. Are they any good? Should I but the preason books instead? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2020 3:29 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

@danielk1996

Hey Daniel! Welcome to the community!

In my opinion, the Pearsons books are a better way to study the material as they manage to describe all the subjects from serval points of view and not just a single one. 

Each topic repeats itself a couple of times in different chapters, each time giving you a different perspective while connecting the previous chapters to understand the material other than memorizing it. 

I believe it is a good investment.

Ari.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/09/2020 4:15 pm
Esther
(@esther)
New Member IMAT

Hi 

I have a question about which books to use for IMAT Preparation.

I have got SAT biology ,cambridge biology, IB oxford biology and Pearson global approach 12th edition (latest) books.

I was wondering though if I need all of them coz the pearson book is like 1000 pages long and I don't know if I need 4 books on Biology to work with.

Could you please advise me on the best books to use?

Also Is it worth me using IB pearson higher level book instead of the IB oxford book and pearson global approach book?

This post was modified 2 months ago by Esther
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2020 4:50 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

@esther

Hey, welcome to the community!

I would advise you to download our study planner from the IMAT menu, where you can find specific pages from specific books.

Good luck!

Ari. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/11/2020 9:56 am
Esther
(@esther)
New Member IMAT

@ari ok thank you for your help!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2020 9:37 pm
Aisha Naveed
(@aisha-naveed)
New Member IMAT

@ari sir i have alpha test book for preparation is that ok or i should learn for other books as well for imat?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2020 2:49 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: