Notifications
Clear all
This site uses cookies to enhance the user experience. By using this site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Please log in to see files and pictures

IMAT 2021  

RSS
SabrinaN
(@sabrinan)
New Member IMAT

Hi,

I am interested in taking the Imat exam in 2021, however I heard that the results are posted only a few weeks before class. I live in Canada and don’t think I would be able to prepare and move that fast (if I get accepted). Is there a way to defer entry?

Posted : 28/07/2020 12:16 am
5hutterbug
(@5hutterbug)
Eminent Member IMAT

As far as I know, the results of the IMAT are valid only for that year. You could accept the offer and pay the first semester fees online to secure your place. Most Universities are sympathetic to International students joining a bit late due to logistical reasons like student visa, etc. 

Check out Serra's guide here:

https://entermedschool.com/community/postid/1015/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 5:21 am
Serra and Ari Horesh liked
Cole Faulkner
(@cole-faulkner)
Active Member Donator IMAT

I am also in Canada and I know the deadline to move is really fast. If you are willing to apply to the private schools (each having individual tests) they have their tests more in the winter seasons so you would know around the same time you would from a Canadian uni. I enrolled in 1st year at McGill and I did have to pay the deposit however I think you will not have to pay the full year tuition by the time you'll get the IMAT results. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 3:39 pm
Serra
(@serra)
Eminent Member Team Member Medical Student

@5hutterbug @sabrinan All universities are usually lenient with non-eu students enrolling later as long as they complete the online process and pay their fees, there's no hurry to start, take your time moving 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2020 8:17 pm
Serra
(@serra)

@cole-faulkner The deadline to enroll especially for Non-EU students is not rushed, and knowing the costs of university in Canada, I would say that if you wanted to play out all of your option while waiting for an offer from a Canadian university sitting the IMAT and paying the first instalment of the Italian uni you get into is really no big deal as it would only cost around 300-400 euro to hold your seat

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2020 8:19 pm
SabrinaN
(@sabrinan)
New Member IMAT

@serra Thanks! I read your other post as well and found it helpful.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2020 8:35 pm
Cole Faulkner
(@cole-faulkner)
Active Member Donator IMAT

@serra 

Thank you for the response! Its good to know that they do not rush you to get over. Im also glad to hear that you can hold your spot if you pay the first instalment. My plan was to write the IMAT and do September in university here and if I get an offer for an Italian uni to just drop out and move over. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2020 9:13 pm
Serra
(@serra)

@cole-faulkner I mean it really depends on what you can afford to do, doing September there might be the much more expensive option, but it's important to keep all of your pathways open 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2020 10:29 pm
vinten03
(@vinnie)
New Member IMAT

Hi 

I'm a student in Sri Lanka who's finishing her A/Levels (Edexcel) in June 2021. To start university in 2021, do I need to do IMATS in 2020 or 2021? I'm not very familiar with the admission process since I've only researched the USA and UK where exams have to be taken early (UCAT, SAT, etc.) Is it too late for me to take IMATS now? Should I take a gap year to apply to Italy? I'm really confused. If you can lend a hand, I'd really appreciate it 🙂

Thanks!

V

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2020 9:41 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student

@vinnie

You will need to take IMAT 2021. 

The exam is held once a year. 

Ari.

Ari Horesh - The founder of EnterMedSchool.com, a nonprofit website with the mission of providing free, world-class education for current and future medical students all around the globe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2020 9:58 am
Share: