管理员6月 26, 2021 at 7:17 上午1023 回复205950 XPContributions: EnterMedSchool 赞助人 团队经理 志愿者Reputation: 第7级
Hot, concentrated aqueous sodium hydroxide and chlorine react as shown in the equation:
6NaOH + 3Cl2 → 5NaCl + NaClO3 + 3H2O
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1 Chlorine has oxidation state +5 in NaClO3.
2 This is an example of a disproportionation reaction.
3 Some of the oxygen in the hydroxide ions is oxidised.
A. none of them
B. 1 only
C. 2 only
D. 3 only
E. 1 and 2 only
F. 1 and 3 only
G. 2 and 3 only
H. 1, 2 and 3
会员7月 21, 2021 at 6:13 下午331 回复137970 XPContributions: 团队经理 EnterMedSchool 赞助人 志愿者Reputation: Level 6
1. This is correct just by counting.
2. We just have to figure out if there is a species that gets both reduced and oxidised in the reaction. This species is Chloride. This is correct.
3. This is also false. Again, by counting the oxygen oxidation numbers you can figure it out.
The answer is E.
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
- See blocked member's posts
- Mention this member in posts
- Invite this member to groups
- Message this member
- Add this member as a connection
Please note: This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin. Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.