AdministratorJune 26, 2021 at 7:03 am1023 Replies202950 XPContributions: EnterMedSchool Donor Team Manager VolunteerReputation: Level 7
Which two of the following statements about genetic variation are correct?
1 Asexual reproduction always produces genetic variation.
2 Gamete production is the only possible source of genetic variation in sexual reproduction.
3 The environment can cause genetic variation.
4 Mutations can produce genetic variation.
A. 1 and 2 only
B. 1 and 3 only
C. 1 and 4 only
D. 2 and 3 only
E. 2 and 4 only
F. 3 and 4 only
MemberJuly 21, 2021 at 5:53 pm331 Replies137970 XPContributions: Team Manager EnterMedSchool Donor VolunteerReputation: Level 6
1. Asexual reproduction is done via mitosis. Mitosis produced two identical cells. This is false.
2. There are other processes, such as crossing over, that increase the genetic variation during sexual reproduction.
3. The environment can indeed cause genetic variation with temperature etc. This is correct.
4. Mutations can obviously be the cause of the genetic variation. This is correct.
The answer is F.
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
- See blocked member's posts
- Mention this member in posts
- Invite this member to groups
- Message this member
- Add this member as a friend
Please note: This action will also remove this member from your friends and send a report to the site admin. Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.