Notifications
Clear all
This site uses cookies to enhance the user experience. By using this site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Please log in to see files and pictures

[Sticky] List of the best books for the IMAT  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student

In this section, I am going to point out the books you should get to study along this course.  You can either download it or buy it, your choice 🙂 

Biology: 

The best book to study for the biology section is “Pearson Biology A Global Approach Global Edition 11” 

Specific pages will be given along the course. you should study them thoughtfully, including the points I will summarize along with the lessons. 

“Genetics for Dummies” and “Biology for Dummies” are two great books you can read after you finish with the Pearson book.

Chemistry:

Like in biology, The course will follow along with a book. The best book to study for the chemistry section, in my opinion, is “Pearson Chemistry for the IB diploma

Two other great books are the SAT books for chemistry by Baron׳s!

Math and Physics

along with some repetitive subjects, I will go through and explain with my lesson, there are two great books to study math and physics from, I will try my best to explain those topics, but notice that the best way to practice for the math and physics questions is to do a lot of practice questions from practice books. 

Some great books to practice are Baron׳s MATH for level 1, and Physics for level 1

Critical thinking and Problem solving 

There are no good books to study from for this section, why? because all of them contain 0 practice question, and the best (and probably) the only way to practice this question into practice questions. I will give you 7 skills, one for each question type in this section, along with a way of analyzing the problem-solving questions, if you want to see a full and detailed way of solving each and every IMAT question you can go and check out my course for that, but this is still yet far away, you should focus on the study itself. 

Ari Horesh - The founder of EnterMedSchool.com, a nonprofit website with the mission of providing free, world-class education for current and future medical students all around the globe.

Posted : 23/07/2019 11:58 am
ofirc and aliw liked
Topic Tags
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

For general Knowledge, IMAT 2019 is probably the only and last exam with this kind of change, if not, i will upload a general knowledge books in here

Ari Horesh - The founder of EnterMedSchool.com, a nonprofit website with the mission of providing free, world-class education for current and future medical students all around the globe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2019 10:23 pm
azam
 azam
(@azam)
New Member IMAT

how can i download them for free?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2019 9:10 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @azam

how can i download them for free?

You can usually found PDF versions for a very cheap price, it is absolutely worth it.

We are not suggesting illegal downloads.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2019 7:27 am
Bushramusanna
(@bushramusanna)
Active Member IMAT

Which are the specfic pages for biology?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/12/2019 1:25 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @bushramusanna

Which are the specfic pages for biology?

We are working on it 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/12/2019 1:25 pm
maral
(@maral)
New Member IMAT

@ari

hey I'm really panicking about the added general knowledge questions. may I ask what led you to believe that 2019 will be the only year?also, when will we know for sure?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2020 5:47 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @maral

@ari

hey I'm really panicking about the added general knowledge questions. may I ask what led you to believe that 2019 will be the only year?also, when will we know for sure?

Usually, the syllabus comes out during July

No need to panic 😉 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 5:36 pm
RaffaSan
(@raffasan)
Active Member IMAT

In the IMAT official syllabus they say we should know "evolutionary theorieS". Do you guys know which ones I should study besides the general evolutionary theory?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 10:05 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @raffasan

In the IMAT official syllabus they say we should know "evolutionary theorieS". Do you guys know which ones I should study besides the general evolutionary theory?

Just the general one. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2020 6:38 am
RaffaSan liked
RaffaSan
(@raffasan)
Active Member IMAT

Ari, I did the IB Higher Level Biology and Higher level Chemistry, and when I saw the level of detail the chemistry section that the Pearson Biology book has I was surprised. Wouldn't that kind of information be tested on the chem section (ex: isotopes, macromolecules, valency, orbitals..)? That makes me really confused about how much detail I should know for each section. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2020 9:48 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

Ari, I did the IB Higher Level Biology and Higher level Chemistry, and when I saw the level of detail the chemistry section that the Pearson Biology book has I was surprised. Wouldn't that kind of information be tested on the chem section (ex: isotopes, macromolecules, valency, orbitals..)? That makes me really confused about how much detail I should know for each section. 

I am not sure about the IBs, but the level of the chemistry and biology is high-school level, you shouldn't worry much about these topics, they might look intimidating but they are quite easy and basic. 🤓 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2020 11:41 am
RaffaSan liked
RaffaSan
(@raffasan)
Active Member IMAT

Ari, in the Pearson Biology book there is almost always a small subsection on the evolution of whatever molecule/tissue/etc that you're studying. We don't need to know that, right?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2020 12:46 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

Ari, in the Pearson Biology book there is almost always a small subsection on the evolution of whatever molecule/tissue/etc that you're studying. We don't need to know that, right?

Right, it׳s fun to read, but it is not necessary. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2020 8:52 am
RaffaSan liked
alifakher
(@alifakher)
New Member IMAT

@ari Hi Ari could you name some exams that are similar to Imat a bit and good for practice ? thank you 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2020 2:35 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: