This is our OLD Forums Archive. Please, to download all the files and join our new community, click here

We will keep publishing important updates about the medical entrance exams on EnterMedSchool.com

YOU DIDN’T DO WELL ON THE IMAT, NOW WHAT?  

Serra
(@serra)
Eminent Member Team Member Medical Student

YOU DIDN’T DO WELL, NOW WHAT?

By Elisa

You have probably stumbled on this article because you either have now found out you didn’t get into the medical school you wanted, or maybe you want to read this ahead of time to prepare for the worst. Regardless, here I am to tell you it’s going to be okay, and also I am a strong believer in plan B. I usually have a plan C, D, and E, so here I am to help you out with planning for the after effects.

No one wants to talk about it, but sadly around 85% of the people that apply will not get in. So what happens if you are part of the 85%? Don’t lose hope, it isn’t the end of the world; 85% of people just like you tried and didn’t get in. It’s part of the deal.

Breathe in.
Breathe out.

Welcome to the group, now let’s talk about it. I feel that most people after taking the IMAT, and for example if you were like me, I found out I scored badly wayyyy before I knew my ranking which made me end up going through the entire despair of not getting in ahead of time. (I got a 19.5, I hope this makes you feel better about your score.)

So let’s go through the 5 stages of grief: IMAT version.

Topic starter Posted : 16/07/2020 11:14 pm
Share: