This is our OLD Forums Archive. Please, to download all the files and join our new community, click here

We will keep publishing important updates about the medical entrance exams on EnterMedSchool.com

TRAVELLING AROUND ITALY  

Serra
(@serra)
Eminent Member Team Member Medical Student

BY MARINA 

There's an updated and detailed version of this article with comparable prices here 🙂

As every “fuori sede” does (literally translated from “out of location”, referring to all those students that have to leave their hometowns to study elsewhere) I know a lot about travelling around Italy.

Starting with trains, we have two main railway companies: Trenitalia and Italo.

Trenitalia is in charge of both regional (slow trains that connect small towns to big cities) and high-speed trains (connecting only big cities); prices vary on the distance traveled, on the service (first, business or second class), and on the speed of the train (general rule: the slower the cheaper). 

Sometimes Italo’s first class may cost you less than second class if you don’t mind not having cancellation options on your ticket. If you are travelling with Italo it is extremely important to book in advance as prices skyrocket very quickly.

In my opinion, trains are the key to visiting most places in Italy and are also perfect for one-day trips. Leaving early in the morning to come back at night will allow you to spend a full day in any city around you.

If you don’t mind spending a few more hours in order to spend less, many bus companies will take you anywhere in the country.

I only recommend taking a plane if you are going to Sicily and Sardinia (Italy’s major islands), but there are also many ferries companies that will take you to both of them as well as to the minor islands from the mainland.

Topic starter Posted : 16/07/2020 11:12 pm
Share: