This is our OLD Forums Archive. Please, to download all the files and join our new community, click here

We will keep publishing important updates about the medical entrance exams on EnterMedSchool.com

MY FIRST VISIT TO BARI  

Serra
(@serra)
Eminent Member Team Member Medical Student

MY FIRST VISIT TO BARI

BY EMNA

Hey guys a more detailed version with pictures and actual maps has been written here if you want to check it out as well 🙂

The airport is kind of small and easy to find yourself in. My first problem when I arrived was, how I was going to get to the city centre.

I found out (after of course) that there were three options:

1. Take a cab
  2. Take the train
  3. Take the bus

Bari is not a big city; it’s small but with a lot of charm.
I tried to explain in this map where I went and what you can find in it:

Visit Bari - Map of bari with certain parts highlighted and text explaining what is there

Bari Centrale:

Visit Bari - Central Bari

This is the center of the city 

The Old City/Port
Visit Bari - Alleyway in the old city part of BariBefore you go ‘inside’ the old port you’ll find the elegant Piazza del Ferrarese.

Visit Bari - Street in BariThe city is roughly divided into two by Bari Centrale.

A fun fact I discovered while walking in one of the neighbourhoods is their culture of lunch. At first I wasn’t paying attention, then I noticed that most of the shops were closed after 1pm till around 3/4pm. I used to live in Paris where most shops are open 24/7, so imagine my surprise when I found out most of the shops close almost 3 hours for “Pauso Pranzo”.

Regarding navigation, Bari is not a very big city. If you have a GPS you will be more than okay. I didn’t end up having to ask Italian people for directions as I didn’t get lost, but in the shopping area there’s always a person who speaks English/French to help out.

Topic starter Posted : 16/07/2020 11:11 pm
Share: