This is our OLD Forums Archive. Please, to download all the files and join our new community, click here

We will keep publishing important updates about the medical entrance exams on EnterMedSchool.com

MEDICINE IN ITALY - WHY IS EVERYONE SO AFRAID OF ORAL EXAMS?  

Serra
(@serra)
Eminent Member Team Member Medical Student

Hey guys, I've written a much more in depth version of this article over here on acadimat, if you want to go read a little more into as well 🙂 

Before enrolling in an Italian university, I had never considered the possibility of sitting an oral exam for any subject other than a language. This idea is so foreign.

So, here I am today with some truths about oral exams. First of all every university in Italy, for medicine, is required legally to examine their students by oral examination. 

Oral exams are an essential part of preparation for any future doctor. As a doctor you will be required time after time to deal with stressful conversations with patients. 

A typical question during an oral examination is “Tell me about X topic” (Yes this vague and broad). You are then given the freedom to talk about everything and anything you know about that topic. You direct and control the conversation.

Professors want you to pass, it’s very normal that during an exam if you’re drawing blanks while talking about a topic the professors will start giving you hints, or try to start the conversation by talking a bit about the topic. 

Topic starter Posted : 16/07/2020 11:22 pm
Share: