This is our OLD Forums Archive. Please, to download all the files and join our new community, click here

We will keep publishing important updates about the medical entrance exams on EnterMedSchool.com

ITALIAN MEDICAL SCHOOL - THE FLEXIBILITY OF EXAMS  

Serra
(@serra)
Eminent Member Team Member Medical Student

Hey guys, I've written a more in depth version of this post over on this article (with pictures and examples) if you want to go check that out as well 🙂

Italian universities give you a great amount of flexibility and power over your exams, but as Uncle Ben once said “With great power comes great responsibility”.

There are multiple exam sessions throughout the year, generally in winter, and again during summer.

You have the complete freedom to pick and choose when you want to sit exams, and which exams you want to sit. If you don’t want to sit all your exams that year that’s fine as well. 

In most countries failing an exam usually means having to wait for a specific point in the year to have another trial. Thankfully Italy is a little bit more relaxed when it comes to re-sitting exams. You can sit the same exam as many times as you want throughout any point in your medical school degree. The professor doesn’t record your grade and it’s as if you never sat that exam.

This system is great and awful at the same time. While very forgiving and allowing a great amount of flexibility it’s very easy to adopt an attitude of “Well I don’t need to study now I can always just sit it next session”. 

Topic starter Posted : 16/07/2020 11:21 pm
Share: