This is our OLD Forums Archive. Please, to download all the files and join our new community, click here

We will keep publishing important updates about the medical entrance exams on EnterMedSchool.com

ENROLLING LATE AFTER THE IMAT GUIDE  

Serra
(@serra)
Eminent Member Team Member Medical Student

Hey guys, we have written up a more detailed and personal version of this article over here if you would also like to check that out 🙂 

Have you ever wondered what happens to those students that enrol very late, like February or March or even later? 

I enrolled in February, during exam session, so I had to wait about a month for classes to start back in March. In the meantime, I pulled my life together, found a room in an apartment, bought first semester books and moved to Rome.

While going to second semester classes, I emailed every single professor from first semester to find out how to make up for what I missed and for my attendance to their lectures (attendance is mandatory).

I spent most of my days in the school library, finally studying what I really liked, and when exam time came, I aced pretty much all of them. My fellow “late-starters” were also able to make up and sit exams scoring very well in most if not all of their exams.

I decided to write this post to let people like me know that starting late is tough and requires determination but that it is definitely possible and doable and that I don’t regret any step of it, because it gave me the awareness of what we are capable to do when we put our minds to it.

Topic starter Posted : 16/07/2020 11:24 pm
NCon
 NCon
(@ncon)
New Member Donator

Thank you for this Information Serra - I was confused when I looked at the IMAT rankings 2019 to see that the "scrolling" continued well into 2020, but it is good to know that it is possible to catch up. 

I saw that some of the last seats in Messina from the 2019 were filled only this month.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2020 1:42 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student

@ncon

I was also surprised the first time I noticed that!

These are the archives of our old forums. If you want to reach one of the team members or me, meet future and current students from all over the world, and access are newest study materials: make sure to check our new international community - StudyLions.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2020 2:13 pm
NCon
 NCon
(@ncon)
New Member Donator

@ari on the one hand it tough because they have to catch up on a fully year!

but on the other its good, because as an EU, if your willing to attend any uni, and start late, it seems last year you can be in top approx 32% and get a place

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2020 2:47 pm
Serra
(@serra)
Eminent Member Team Member Medical Student

@ncon Glad to help 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/07/2020 7:13 pm
Black_swans
(@black_swans)
New Member Donator

@serra are you maybe a girl from this video removed link (not sure if links are okay). If so, damn you are so positive and you kinda made me regret not selecting Sapienza as first choice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2020 2:57 pm
Serra liked
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student
Posted by: @black_swans

@serra are you maybe a girl from this video removed link (not sure if links are okay). If so, damn you are so positive and you kinda made me regret not selecting Sapienza as first choice.

Links are removed for new users to prevent spam, she is the girl from Shalev׳s podcasts about La Sapienza 😊 

These are the archives of our old forums. If you want to reach one of the team members or me, meet future and current students from all over the world, and access are newest study materials: make sure to check our new international community - StudyLions.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2020 5:22 pm
Share: