This is our OLD Forums Archive. Please, to download all the files and join our new community, click here

We will keep publishing important updates about the medical entrance exams on EnterMedSchool.com

Regarding the application for IMAT  

waising0201
(@waising0201)
Active Member IMAT

I live in Hong Kong, but I am also a permanent resident of Portugal. But my id card is expired and the consulate in HK does not allow anyone to renew id card and passport due to the pandemic. I would like to ask whether I should apply IMAT through non-EU or EU student. I will go to the Italy consulate in order to apply for DV tomorrow and I will tell them about my situation but I think they may not know how to do it.
Also, I would like to ask how I can apply for IMAT through EU student.
Thank you.

Topic starter Posted : 18/06/2020 10:04 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student
Posted by: @waising0201

I live in Hong Kong, but I am also a permanent resident of Portugal. But my id card is expired and the consulate in HK does not allow anyone to renew id card and passport due to the pandemic. I would like to ask whether I should apply IMAT through non-EU or EU student. I will go to the Italy consulate in order to apply for DV tomorrow and I will tell them about my situation but I think they may not know how to do it.
Also, I would like to ask how I can apply for IMAT through EU student.
Thank you.

Hey, welcome to the community. 

If you have an EU citizenship you will have to register to the IMAT as a European. The process is quite simple, you will have to register to the IMAT at universitaly.it and pay at cambridge׳s website during next month (they usually start the registration at July) you will also have to translate documents confirming you have 12 years of education, for the specific documents you will have to talk with the embassy of the country you got your diploma and education from. 

As an EU, you are lucky enough that you will have to give the university your translated documents after the results, but make sure you have all the documents before. 

Type "Hong Kong" in the search bar, there are serval other HK here that I am sure can help you out!

Ari. 

These are the archives of our old forums. If you want to reach one of the team members or me, meet future and current students from all over the world, and access are newest study materials: make sure to check our new international community - StudyLions.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2020 11:10 am
waising0201
(@waising0201)
Active Member IMAT

@ari

do you mean that I do not need to pre-enrol or do anything before I apply for IMAT?
My Portugal id card is expired but I cannot renew it due to the pandemic. So I wonder whether I can apply imat through Eu citizenship.

i am going to apply for declaration of value in consulate of Italy today. I hope that I have not missed any documents and need to go there again. Thanks for your reply.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/06/2020 3:49 am
waising0201
(@waising0201)
Active Member IMAT

@ari

I completed the application for dv today. But I encountered some problems. I only possess Portugal ID card without Portuguese passport so I can only show Italy consulate my Hong Kong passport to get the DV. So I wonder and feel confused whether I can apply for imat through Eu citizenship and whether I need to do pre-enrolment.

sorry for bothering you.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/06/2020 5:30 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student

@waising0201

If you can׳t renew it, I would register as a non-eu. Seems like you have no choice. 

I wouldn׳t spend time on trying to get the ID, but I would get the passport after the IMAT so I׳ll have it in Italy for sure!

Ari.

These are the archives of our old forums. If you want to reach one of the team members or me, meet future and current students from all over the world, and access are newest study materials: make sure to check our new international community - StudyLions.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/06/2020 10:13 am
Share: