This is our OLD Forums Archive. Please, to download all the files and join our new community, click here

We will keep publishing important updates about the medical entrance exams on EnterMedSchool.com

mobile phone during the test, where to leave it to avoid disqualification?  

Thomas50
(@thomas50)
Eminent Member Donator

is leaving the mobile phone at home the only option?

Topic starter Posted : 30/08/2020 8:21 pm
Filipe Sant'Anna
(@amatsune)
Noble Member Team Member IMAT

Generally these tests allow you to take it with you, and there you will be asked to turn it off and either store it in a sealed bag or hand it over to the examiner or someone of the staff. This was how it was handled on the SAT and tons of other standardised tests I've taken

Things might change a bit from place to place (country to country), more so due to covid measures, but @ari probably could tell how this was handled on his exam.

Need help in any questions?
Tag me and I'll try my best to answer it as clearly as possible.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2020 8:40 pm
Thomas50 liked
Thomas50
(@thomas50)
Eminent Member Donator

I received an email from Cambridge Germany stating, I copy/paste :

"Mobile phones, tablets, calculators and any other electronic devices are strictly forbidden in the examinations room. Please leave these at home. Anybody who is caught with any of the above after they have gone to their test table (irrespective of if they are switched off) will be reported and disqualified immediately. "

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/08/2020 5:14 pm
Filipe Sant'Anna
(@amatsune)
Noble Member Team Member IMAT

@thomas50 call the testing centre and see if they have any provisions for it. Specially for people travelling to other cities to take the test they know leaving a phone at home might very well not be feasible.

Need help in any questions?
Tag me and I'll try my best to answer it as clearly as possible.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2020 5:50 pm
Thomas50 liked
Share: