Notifications
Clear all
This site uses cookies to enhance the user experience. By using this site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Please log in to see files and pictures

[Sticky] Minimum IMAT exam scores to apply- 2020 - Non EU & EU  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student

The official IMAT results came out on the 7th of October, 2020. 

In this post, you see the minimum scores to apply to each university. 

You can also download the following picture for quick access.

Minimum IMAT 2020 scores:

The University of Pavia 

EU - (54.5 - 2020)

Non EU - (41.8 - 2020)

The University of Tor Vergata

EU - (52.9 - 2020)

Non EU - (34 - 2020)

The University of Roma La Sapienza

EU - (53.7 - 2020)

Non EU - (42.3 - 2020)

The University of Torino

EU - (53.4 - 2020)

Non EU - (44 - 2020)

The University of Milan, IMS

EU - (57.8 - 2020)

Non EU - (47.8 - 2020)

The University of Milan, Bicocca

EU - (57.5 - 2020)

Non EU - (43.7 - 2020) 

The University of Bologna

EU - (57.8 - 2020)

Non EU - (50 - 2020)

The University of Bari

EU - (51 - 2020)

Non EU - (41.4 - 2020)

The University of Napoli Federico II

EU - (56.4 - 2020)

Non EU - (31.1 - 2020)

The University of Napoli Federico II

EU - (56.4 - 2020)

Non EU - (31.1 - 2020)

The University of Padova

EU - (55 - 2020)

Non EU - (27.5 - 2020)

The University of Messina

EU - (50.4 - 2020)

Non EU - (28.5 - 2020)

Ari Horesh - The founder of EnterMedSchool.com, a nonprofit website with the mission of providing free, world-class education for current and future medical students all around the globe.

Posted : 09/10/2020 10:28 am
jonathan atid
(@avshatid)
New Member IMAT

do you know the final accept score post all rounds for each? How much the score fall?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2020 11:08 am
jonathan atid
(@avshatid)
New Member IMAT

Minimum IMAT 2019 post rounds:

The University of Pavia 

EU - (39.8- jan)

Non EU - (45.3- November)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2020 11:12 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @avshatid

do you know the final accept score post all rounds for each? How much the score fall?

Yes, I will add it to the post this evening. 

Ari Horesh - The founder of EnterMedSchool.com, a nonprofit website with the mission of providing free, world-class education for current and future medical students all around the globe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2020 11:44 am
Katya
(@katizerd)
New Member IMAT IMAT, Studente Di Medicina, Medical Student

Hi, thank you for the information!

Do you know how non-EUs apply to 2nd and 3rd choice schools after 2nd round? Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 4:37 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @katizerd

Hi, thank you for the information!

Do you know how non-EUs apply to 2nd and 3rd choice schools after 2nd round? Thanks

Hey @katizerd

non-EUs don׳t have rounds, unless some people didn׳t enroll during the first one. 

Ari. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2020 6:23 am
Askar
(@yerzhanuly)
Active Member IMAT
Posted by: @ari

non-EUs don׳t have rounds, unless some people didn׳t enroll during the first one. 

Hello @ari 

Could you please clarify about “rounds” for non-EU people?) I kind of know/understand it, but  there is still one very important question(at least, for me:).

- When a person didn’t get an offer from the 1st choice uni, is it possible for him/her to enter the 2nd choice uni? 

For example, a person’s IMAT score=45;

1st choice=Pavia(available seats=40; 40th person’s score=46);

2nd choice=Sapienza(available seats=20; 20th person’s score=44).

*one week passes and every 40 people who had a better score accepted the offer given by Pavia

So, what will be after? How the system works? 

• I mean, can that person go to Sapienza as his/her score is more than 20th person’s score=44? Or he/she has to wait until someone will reject the offer given by Sapienza?

In other words, will he/she take place of 20th person or he/she is already included in the list of 20 available seats (Sapienza)? Or he/ she has to hope for a miracle and wait if someone rejects the offer from Sapienza? 

Best regards,

Askar

P.S. sorry for my grammar, (and sorry for my English in general) I hope it’s not that confusing and you will understand it 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2020 10:07 pm
Katya liked
Katya
(@katizerd)

@yerzhanuly

Hi! I better leave a chance to answer to Ari, suggesting that he'll explain it better to you. Still I will try and also explain as much as I can 🙂

I am in the same position as you, I wasn't accepted to my first choice university in first round and was hoping to either enroll to 1st or 2nd choice uni at second round. The thing is, if you are a non-EU, your ''scrolling'' basically most of the time happens internally in your first choice's ranking list. Universities will always prioritize candidates who made them their first choice no matter what your score is. 

Meaning that, for example;

Pavoda's last accepted student scored 27,5 and they accepted 15 students from a total of 100. Hypothetically, if in the 2nd round two students give up their places, available two spots are granted to the next 85 people from the list even if they scored less than 27,5 and less than you. So only if no one from the waiting list accepts the offer, free places may be given to people outside the list (those who chose Pavoda as their 2nd, 3rd choice). Which is basically a miracle, as you say. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I certainly don't want to give wrong information!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2020 10:42 pm
Askar liked
Askar
(@yerzhanuly)
Active Member IMAT
Posted by: @katizerd

Universities will always prioritize candidates who made them their first choice no matter what your score is. 

Ohh, now I got it 

thank you very much @katizerd I really appreciate that you helped me and wish you all the best)) 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2020 11:14 pm
Katya liked
ali.h
(@ali-h)
Active Member IMAT

hi i wonder why there is so much difference to last year scores for non eu  like padova than decrees so much or bari an biococa and turin that increse so much i will take the imat this year and i dont know which one to choose if i get about 38 -40   last year it was possible to go to turin but i cant risk choosing that what do you suggest 

and thank you for great information and work 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2020 10:12 am
Katya
(@katizerd)

@ali-h

I suppose it’s related to the popularity of certain school i. e how many non-EU people selected it as a first choice, for example Bologna also went up by nearly 7 points. I think the only choice is to try to do your best and if you can’t gain 50ish points maybe do some research on popularity trends of universities to at least have a clue about competition. Ex. Torino’s medical program is a relatively new and while its points weren’t high in previous years and its popularity is rising, so do the points. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2020 2:50 pm
javad
(@javad)
New Member IMAT

@ali-h

Do we have to submit the IELTS degree to the university after passing the IMAT exam?
I do not have an IELTS degree!
I live in Iran.
ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2020 4:54 pm
ali.h
(@ali-h)
Active Member IMAT

@javad you should have ielts with score of 6 and when you want to pre enrollment for imat you should give your ielts score to embassy you should start study for it and go to class  cause in six months from now you should have ielts or you cant sit for imat 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/10/2020 8:59 am
ali.h
(@ali-h)
Active Member IMAT

@javad you should have ielts with score of 6 and when you want to pre enrollment for imat you should give your ielts score to embassy you should start study for it and go to class  cause in six months from now you should have ielts or you cant sit for imat 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/10/2020 9:00 am
ali.h
(@ali-h)
Active Member IMAT

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/10/2020 9:00 am
javad liked
Page 1 / 2
Share: