This is our OLD Forums Archive. Please, to download all the files and join our new community, click here

We will keep publishing important updates about the medical entrance exams on EnterMedSchool.com

[Sticky] How to register for the IMAT?  

Page 2 / 3
eric ad
(@eric)
Trusted Member Donator

@ari

I hold both a european and non european passports, my high school education was in the non european country. What do I count as? Do I have to do this application through my non european italian embassy?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2020 7:29 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student
Posted by: @eric

@ari

I hold both a european and non european passports, my high school education was in the non european country. What do I count as? Do I have to do this application through my non european italian embassy?

As your dipolma is non-EU, you will have to register for the exam as one. 

These are the archives of our old forums. If you want to reach one of the team members or me, meet future and current students from all over the world, and access are newest study materials: make sure to check our new international community - StudyLions.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/04/2020 9:29 pm
AnasAhmad123
(@anasahmad123)
New Member IMAT

Hi, 

Hope you are all doing good! Can you please tell me that which universities has opened its admissions for medicine and surgery in English Now.Except Turin and excluding private universities.

Kind Regards

Anas Ahmad

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2020 1:21 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @anasahmad123

Hi, 

Hope you are all doing good! Can you please tell me that which universities has opened its admissions for medicine and surgery in English Now.Except Turin and excluding private universities.

Kind Regards

Anas Ahmad

Dear Anas! 

It seems like Messina and Pavia are making their "pre-pre-enrollment" (before the actual ebmassy׳s one) too! but I think it is for countries that their embassy requests a specific letter!

You should ask your embassy if they need one. 

These are the archives of our old forums. If you want to reach one of the team members or me, meet future and current students from all over the world, and access are newest study materials: make sure to check our new international community - StudyLions.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/04/2020 9:33 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

@randy Hey! I am not sure about the college diploma, you will have to ask your embassy! about the 2nd and 3rd options - for non-Eu, while you can rank different universities when registering for the IMAT exam using cambridge׳s website, the odds of actually being able to get in into universities that are not your first choice are very low. 

As for non-EUs, the seats are taken by the best % and not by rounds like the EUs. So, as long as more people than the number of seats are registered for a specific university, all of the seats will be taken during the first round. 

For universities like Pavia, if the "Marco polo" students (the Chinese program) won׳t show up, their spots will be available for 2nd round, but only for the next people on the list. (still, people who chose Pavia as their first choice) 

I think the only university that had a few, untaken seats for non-EUs after the IMAT was the new university of Messina. 

Ari. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/05/2020 9:20 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

@randy You will have to ask your embassy these questions. I am not knowledgeable of the process in the USA. Sorry. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2020 11:24 am
StellaD
(@stellad)
New Member IMAT
Posted by: @ari
Posted by: @thamyres

The pre-enrollement is just for students outside EU? or even if i did the igh school in Portugal I still need to do the Pre-enrollement?

Yes, You have to go through the pre-registration process in order to get your diplomas acknowledged by the Italian universities.

So even if you are an EU student, you still have to go through the pre-enrollment process to get your diplomas acknowledged?

PS: I am an EU student who is studying in the UK.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2020 7:50 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @stellad
Posted by: @ari
Posted by: @thamyres

The pre-enrollement is just for students outside EU? or even if i did the igh school in Portugal I still need to do the Pre-enrollement?

Yes, You have to go through the pre-registration process in order to get your diplomas acknowledged by the Italian universities.

So even if you are an EU student, you still have to go through the pre-enrollment process to get your diplomas acknowledged?

PS: I am an EU student who is studying in the UK.

As far as I am aware, you do. 

As long as the diplomas are not of an Italian High-school.

I suggest sending an email to the embassy. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/06/2020 9:06 am
5hutterbug
(@5hutterbug)
Eminent Member IMAT
Posted by: @eric

@ari

You don't have a choice, then. You count as EU. If you DO register as non-EU, you will be disqualified at the time of your enrollment in the University

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2020 6:22 am
Zino
 Zino
(@zinov)
Active Member IMAT

Do you have any idea when the IMAT specifications will be published and when the registration process will start?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2020 6:03 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

@zinov I am sorry, I am as clueless as you are. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/06/2020 7:27 pm
ubanees
(@ubanees)
New Member IMAT

Hi, sorry I'm a bit confused about the whole pre-enrolment/pre-registration so apologies if you've already answered my question.

What is the procedure for an EU student? (from the UK)

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2020 4:08 am
Amiti
(@amiti)
New Member IMAT

hey! I'm a little confused..
If I have both EU (Portugal) and non EU (Israel) citizenship and my high school Diploma is from Israel, do I have to register as a non EU? or do I have to register as EU because otherwise I'll get disqualified?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2020 5:48 pm
GraceDan
(@gracedan)
New Member IMAT

so if I completed my high school in a non-Eu country but I was previously living in Italy so i have a permanent residence in Italy. Do I have to go through the Form A process and apply as a non-eu? (I don’t have an Italian citizenship, just the permanent residence)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2020 8:33 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @gracedan

so if I completed my high school in a non-Eu country but I was previously living in Italy so i have a permanent residence in Italy. Do I have to go through the Form A process and apply as a non-eu? (I don’t have an Italian citizenship, just the permanent residence)

Hey, 

You will have to register as an EU, and translate your documents. 

Ari. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/11/2020 9:26 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: