Notifications
Clear all
This site uses cookies to enhance the user experience. By using this site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Please log in to see files and pictures

[Sticky] How to register for the IMAT?  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student

Applying for IMAT can be a long confusing process especially when you're on your own, and looking for correct relevant information can be a frustrating job!

good thing is, we at EnterMedSchool are here to help you throughout this journey 💪🏻

1. Between the end of February and the start of March – the Italian Ministry of Higher Education and Research announces the number of spots reserved for Foreigners (non-EU) in each University by subject in the following website: Studiare In Italia Read under ‘’Posti Disponibili’’ and check the number of spots for ‘’Studenti stranieri extra EU’’ only, the ‘’Marco Polo’’ and Turandot are relevant only for Chinese applicants. In the search bar, you write ‘’medicina’’ and it’ll show you the spots in each university, pay attention to course language! Not all the Universities offer Medicine in English, In the relevant courses the word ‘’Inglese’’ will be written.
  1. Between the beginning of April and the end of July – Italian embassies outside of Europe around the world will start accepting request for Pre-Enrollment (pre-iscrizione) in which every foreign Applicant (non-Eu) will have to submit their to Application to the country at his country (where he’s a citizen/ got his high school diploma) indicating his first choice University.
  2. To do Pre-Enrollment you’ll have to contact the embassy and make an appointment, when you arrive at the embassy, you’ll be asked to submit several papers and forms:
  3. Form A  which in you’ll fill your personal information, your education data, and your first choice University, all this data will be sent to the University.

CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW TO FILL THE FORM A

4. High school Diploma Translated to Italian and apostilled from the Ministry of foreign affairs- to get your Declaration of Value (Dichiarazione di Valore) which is the declaration that your Diploma is authentic and Valid in Italy.
  5. If in your Country an acceptance test for university is obligatory then you’ll have to show the test results (contact your local embassy for more information)
  6. Photocopy of your Passport (must be valid)
  7. 2 Passport size photos
  8. “Autentica di Fotografia” Form which you can find here

9. Some universities like Turin, Messina Padova, and Pavia require pre-registration, in which you’ll be asked to submit your papers through the university website to see if the candidate meets their requirements. We will update you on that.
  10. During July The Ministry of universities and research (MIUR) and the Universities publish a document called “BANDO” which explains the registration process for the test, applying for the University and Important highlights by the University. The Bando is published in Italian; however, it’s advised you translate it and understand its content, it contains a lot of Important information. We at EnterMedSchool.com will provide you with the Highlights as soon as we can.
  11. In the same period of July, the registration process for the test will take place, you’ll have to create an account at Universitaly.it and register for the test, also you’ll be asked to select your first choice University, make sure to select the same University you chose in Pre-Enrollment. Make sure to write down your login details as you’ll need them when to view your grade and test sheets when the results are out. The Final Acceptance list for non-EU will be available on the first choice University website only. EU applicants have only to do this step. Also, EU candidates can view their acceptance status on this website.

Ari Horesh - The founder of EnterMedSchool.com, a nonprofit website with the mission of providing free, world-class education for current and future medical students all around the globe.

Posted : 15/09/2019 7:14 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

Thanks salah, if anyone need help we are here for you 🤓 

Ari Horesh - The founder of EnterMedSchool.com, a nonprofit website with the mission of providing free, world-class education for current and future medical students all around the globe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/09/2019 7:20 pm
OmarElSamad
(@omarelsamad)
New Member IMAT
Can I study in another? or it's all about medicine in Italy !!!
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2020 12:25 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @omarelsamad

I am sorry, I did not understand your question

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2020 8:35 am
5hutterbug
(@5hutterbug)
Eminent Member IMAT
Posted by: @omarelsamad

If you are non-EU, and the University you have chosen during pre-enrollment does not have places, you cannot study at another University even if they have places because they did not receive your pre-enrollment information. 

If you are EU, then you can try for other Universities that you chose at the time of registration.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2020 10:31 pm
thamyres
(@thamyres)
New Member IMAT

The pre-enrollement is just for students outside EU? or even if i did the igh school in Portugal I still need to do the Pre-enrollement?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2020 9:32 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @thamyres

The pre-enrollement is just for students outside EU? or even if i did the igh school in Portugal I still need to do the Pre-enrollement?

Yes, You have to go through the pre-registration process in order to get your diplomas acknowledged by the Italian universities.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2020 10:45 pm
thamyres liked
itsaj
(@itsaj)
New Member IMAT

hello i am living in italy but i have completed my 12 year of studies from pakistan did i have to do per enrollment

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2020 2:08 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @itsaj

hello i am living in italy but i have completed my 12 year of studies from pakistan did i have to do per enrollment

You have you to do The pre-enrollment. As a non-EU, if you are planning to register for the IMAT using your documents from Pakistan. You will have to finish and send your 12 years diploma by the exam itself. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2020 11:42 am
itsaj
(@itsaj)
New Member IMAT

can we do per enrollment in italy or we have to go back to our country for this?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2020 6:57 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

can we do per enrollment in italy or we have to go back to our country for this?

You have to do it through a Pakistani embassy, either in Italy or Pakistan. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2020 8:58 pm
itsaj
(@itsaj)
New Member IMAT

can you please help me by explaining the process of per enrollment while staying in italy?  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2020 4:19 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

can you please help me by explaining the process of per enrollment while staying in italy?  

I will try.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2020 8:29 pm
Bilalahmadcc
(@bilalahmadcc)
New Member IMAT

@ari Hi Ari,

Do we need to submit the pre enrollment application to all uni’s we are applying to (say Pavia and Turin) and are we even allowed to do this(choose both) as non-Eu citizens or do you can pre-enroll in only one uni.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2020 11:45 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @bilalahmadcc

@ari Hi Ari,

Do we need to submit the pre enrollment application to all uni’s we are applying to (say Pavia and Turin) and are we even allowed to do this(choose both) as non-Eu citizens or do you can pre-enroll in only one uni.

Hi!

No, only for your first choice. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2020 2:53 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: