Notifications
Clear all
This site uses cookies to enhance the user experience. By using this site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Please log in to see files and pictures

[Sticky] How to get a discount (scholarship) for the tuition fee in Italy  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student

Hi! if you are reading this you either a future student or a current new student. Either way, I am here to help and simply explain what should you do as soon as you arrive in Italy in order to get a discount for your tuition fee in Italy׳s medical school 

• When you are in Italy you should go to an office called "CAF" (Centro di Assistenza fiscale). it is an office which helps many people financially in many ways. 
  • You will meet dozens of Certified Public Accountants, their job is to calculate your "Rank" and evaluate how your socioeconomic "ranking", you will get an ISEE which is your official economical ranking. 
  • It will cost you 10 Euros to do so, but you have do give them certain documents (it varies, the document I will mention are documents I got in Israel, but other countries will have other versions of the same documents) 
    • Documents with a summary of your parent's income for the last year (tofes 106)
    • Your contract with the landowner, or if you own a house, a document which states the size of your land in square meters. (Hoze shirut/Arnona)
    • Population register Documents 
  • You will have to translate those choosing one of your country׳s certified translators, and you will have to get an "apostil" certification from the Italian embassy.
  • Now you should take the ISEE document to your university and they will decide what, if any, discount you should get. 

Ari Horesh - The founder of EnterMedSchool.com, a nonprofit website with the mission of providing free, world-class education for current and future medical students all around the globe.

Posted : 16/09/2019 9:16 am
VkK liked
Samy73lk
(@samy73lk)
New Member IMAT
  1. Is there any different between south and north?
ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2019 9:12 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @samy73lk
  1. Is there any different between south and north?

For the ISEE? Not that i know of, this process is nationwide. 

Ari Horesh - The founder of EnterMedSchool.com, a nonprofit website with the mission of providing free, world-class education for current and future medical students all around the globe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2019 9:57 pm
Samy73lk
(@samy73lk)
New Member IMAT

I heard that for some universities there is no need to get certification from the Italian embassy. Is that correct?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2019 4:51 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @samy73lk

I heard that for some universities there is no need to get certification from the Italian embassy. Is that correct?

No, you have to get it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2019 5:54 pm
Iva
 Iva
(@iva)
New Member IMAT

Hello. I wanted to know... about IMAT is it necessary to make any tests to document my english level like Ielts or SAT? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2020 10:51 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @iva

Hello. I wanted to know... about IMAT is it necessary to make any tests to document my english level like Ielts or SAT? 

Some universities like Milano Biccoca (bergamo), And Turin, Need B2 level and above. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2020 4:44 pm
randy
(@randy)
Eminent Member IMAT

What is a "population register documents'' for non EU folks?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 1:30 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @randy

What is a "population register documents'' for non EU folks?

Well, It depends where you are from, For Israel, for example, it is the document you get at the ״Population and immigration authorities." 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 8:05 am
maral
(@maral)
New Member IMAT

Should we not send the documents beforehand? as opposed to handing them in person I mean.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 9:21 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @maral

Should we not send the documents beforehand? as opposed to handing them in person I mean.

For Pavia, before the 30th of August 2019 (before we took the exam!), you could give your scholarship documents to EDiSU, they will provide you with many benefits including to also: notifying the University about your status.

I think you can also do it online. I am not sure about that yet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 10:05 am
Mark
 Mark
(@markp)
Active Member Donator

Hey. Could you give an approx. annual family income and the equivalent tuition fee for it at Pavia?

Even though we are far from being rich and my family won't even be able to financially support me, I'm a bit afraid of getting highly charged after watching Shalev's video with his Bulgarian friend, who got charged for the maximum tuition fee.

I know that it's more complicated due to the ISEE result but I only would like to know a rough estimation if possible.

Thanks in advance!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2020 2:08 am
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

@markp Hey, it depends, my parents, make around 70k a year together, but we don׳t have any real-estate or that much money in our bank account, so I am not paying anything, I will try to find you an online calculator for the ISEE, try to look up "ISEE Italy Calculator" I remember using one of these but I can׳t find it now. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2020 9:31 am
Mark liked
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

@markp Got it https://simulatasse.unipv.it/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2020 9:38 am
VkK and Mark liked
Mark
 Mark
(@markp)
Active Member Donator

Thanks a lot Ari! I've just calculated my expected ISEE value and if it's correct, I would only need to pay the minimum tuition fee as well. However, may you know how they calculate the value of a real estate? Is there something like an amount of euro/m2?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2020 4:37 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: