This is our OLD Forums Archive. Please, to download all the files and join our new community, click here

We will keep publishing important updates about the medical entrance exams on EnterMedSchool.com

General questions - EU students  

deborahpupillo
(@deborahpupillo)
New Member IMAT

Hey all, I am very new to this whole process and I have to say I am a bit confused about what the next steps are. I graduated with a bachelor from a US institution but I have Italian citizenship and did all 12 years of school in Italy. I want to apply to both med school in English and med school in Italian. I have a few questions:
1) Is there any deadline I need to be immediately aware of?
2) Is registration to University of Turin closed? 
3) Is Universitaly the official portal through which I will need to register for the IMAT as well as the Italian medical school admission test? I have been having a hard time navigating it. It seems like most of the info is outdated (still says 2019)

I am sorry for the many questions, I am just really confused and I hope any of you can help me clarify these issues.

Thank you so much in advance!

Topic starter Posted : 18/05/2020 8:35 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student
Posted by: @deborahpupillo

Hey all, I am very new to this whole process and I have to say I am a bit confused about what the next steps are. I graduated with a bachelor from a US institution but I have Italian citizenship and did all 12 years of school in Italy. I want to apply to both med school in English and med school in Italian. I have a few questions:
1) Is there any deadline I need to be immediately aware of?
2) Is registration to University of Turin closed? 
3) Is Universitaly the official portal through which I will need to register for the IMAT as well as the Italian medical school admission test? I have been having a hard time navigating it. It seems like most of the info is outdated (still says 2019)

I am sorry for the many questions, I am just really confused and I hope any of you can help me clarify these issues.

Thank you so much in advance!

Hey Deborah, 

1. There is not a deadline I am aware of as for now. Embassies are still close. 

2. As far as I am aware, the pre-registration for Turin closed at 30.4. but you might want to join our WhatsApp groups and ask other students!

3. Yes, because you are an Italian citizen, you will have to register through this website. It is outdated until they open the registration for the IMAT. Last year it showed 2018 until around June, then it was changed to 2019. 

Ari.

These are the archives of our old forums. If you want to reach one of the team members or me, meet future and current students from all over the world, and access are newest study materials: make sure to check our new international community - StudyLions.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2020 8:31 am
deborahpupillo
(@deborahpupillo)
New Member IMAT

@ari

Thank you SO much for your help. Pre-registration is only for non-EU correct?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/05/2020 8:48 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student
Posted by: @deborahpupillo

@ari

Thank you SO much for your help. Pre-registration is only for non-EU correct?

That׳s right 😊 

As long as you have an Italian diploma (12 years) you should register at "universitaly" for the IMAT exam. 

I am not sure about the Amassione (the Italian course exam) 

Ari. 

These are the archives of our old forums. If you want to reach one of the team members or me, meet future and current students from all over the world, and access are newest study materials: make sure to check our new international community - StudyLions.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2020 3:46 pm
Share: