This is our OLD Forums Archive. Please, to download all the files and join our new community, click here

We will keep publishing important updates about the medical entrance exams on EnterMedSchool.com

[Solved] What is meant by the different admission rounds for the Imat eg round 1-6?  

Andrewoca
(@andrewoca)
Active Member Donator

For EU students I noticed that round 1, the entry requirements are higher than round 6 for example. Lets say you get 49 for the IMAT test score and the 1st round is 53 points for your selected uni and the 3rd round is 39 points for the same university. Does that mean you are likely to be accepted or how does it work?

Appreciate if someone could clarify this.

Topic starter Posted : 23/04/2020 3:03 pm
Topic Tags
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Noble Member Community Founder Medical Student

Let׳s say Pavia has 70 seats for EUs. 

First-round, they give the top 10% the option of picking their first choice uni. It means if there are 700 candidates for Pavia, 70 are at the 10%, and let׳s say only 15 picked Pavia. (Because of a lot of reasons, some people are giving up for MANY reasons especially the EUs) 

We still have 55 seats. After 5 days you have the second round, people who scored from the 11 to 20% will get a chance to take the seats and so on...

It usually goes all the way down by 10-15 points. 

Until all of the seats are taken. 

These are the archives of our old forums. If you want to reach one of the team members or me, meet future and current students from all over the world, and access are newest study materials: make sure to check our new international community - StudyLions.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2020 7:22 pm
Andrewoca
(@andrewoca)
Active Member Donator

@ari Thanks so much for the clarification, this really helps!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/04/2020 9:24 pm
Andrewoca
(@andrewoca)
Active Member Donator

Hi Again Ari,

Just one other question regarding this.

Lets say I was an EU student in the top 11-20% as discussed above and Pavia was my second choice and it went to second round.

Do I still have the same probability of being selected?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/05/2020 9:37 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

@andrewoca yes, but you have to choose pavia manually after the first round

These are the archives of our old forums. If you want to reach one of the team members or me, meet future and current students from all over the world, and access are newest study materials: make sure to check our new international community - StudyLions.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2020 9:46 pm
Andrewoca
(@andrewoca)
Active Member Donator

@Ari Horesh, that's great understood. 

If you got another school but it wasn't your first choice is it possible to hold out until a further round to see if you get into your preferred choice while keeping your options open?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/05/2020 10:40 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)
Posted by: @andrewoca

@Ari Horesh, that's great understood. 

If you got another school but it wasn't your first choice is it possible to hold out until a further round to see if you get into your preferred choice while keeping your options open?

You can, but you shouldn't do that in my opinion. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2020 11:39 am
Andrewoca
(@andrewoca)
Active Member Donator

Okay noted and cheers for all the Advice Ari!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/05/2020 8:59 pm
Sebastian92K
(@sebastian92k)
Active Member Donator

@ari

Hi Ari,

Thank you for such an amazing work you are doing.

Would you be able to clarify why?

Say, my first choice is Bologna and I have 41 points (possible to get in, but not 1st round), but I did get into Bari. If I wait it out and do not enrol to Bari does that mean that I cannot choose Bari in 2nd or 3rd round? (Or whenever I actually want to?) - since I have the required points.

Thank you in advance,

Sebastian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2020 12:26 pm
Ari Horesh
(@ari)

@sebastian92k

You will have to wait for another round and then choose the next university!

Serra wrote a great article about it. You can find it here

IMAT (Start Here)

Ari. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2020 12:31 pm
Sebastian92K
(@sebastian92k)
Active Member Donator

Thank you!

I found her posts and they are amazing!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2020 1:31 pm
Share: